YouTube Launches Reels Which Is Slightly Different From The Stories On Instagram And Snapchat
- You must have probably heard of Instagram or Snapchat stories, YouTube quietly announced ‘Reels’ which allows creators to share the content without the need to craft a complete YouTube video which is not quite dissimilar when it comes to Instagram’s or Snapchat’s stories.
- One thing to be noticed here is YouTube bought Todd Sherman who previously worked on Snapchat’s stories as a lead product manager.
- Reels will not have an expiration date, they will be stored in a separate tab from creator’s main list of videos. Though Reels will be in separate tab they have a possibility to appear on your YouTube homepage as recommendations, if you often engage with them.
- Creators can make few videos up to 30 seconds and can also add filters, music, text and ‘YouTube-y’ stickers to the Reels.
- Reels can be given thumbs up or down and comments as well by the users. YouTube did not disclose when the Reels will be available in beta form.